Updated: Apr 18, 2020
The Coronavirus has forced beauty retailers and beauty suppliers to close the doors of their stores. No customers, lots of products on the shelves and inventory waiting to be unpacked. At some point, hopefully sooner than later, beauty retailers and beauty suppliers will be able to reopen but a few things will need to change. How will beauty retailers and beauty suppliers keep their customers safe after the Coronavirus?
On any given day prior to the Coronavirus, there would be crowds of customers bustling through a beauty retailer or beauty supplier touching everything. They touch the doors when they enter. They touch the products on the shelves and they touch the countertops when they checkout. There are probably very few places that are not touched by a customer at some point throughout the day. This makes beauty retailers and beauty suppliers a haven for the deadly Coronavirus. What can be done by beauty retailers and beauty suppliers to keep customers safe? Here are some recommendations:
· Hand Sanitizer at the entrance of the store.
· The installation of a ventilation system or keeping the door open for a clean air flow in the store. (Keeping the door open would avoid customers touching the door handles.)
· Spray or wipe door handles with a disinfectant as often as possible.
· Spray or wipe products on shelves with a disinfectant as often as possible.
· Spray or wipe customer checkout and credit card machine after each customer with a disinfectant.
Customers will be eager to return to your stores as soon as they are able. The difference now is beauty retailers and beauty suppliers are tasked with keeping them safe.